You are not alone … There are over 22 million people in the United States whose lives are dedicated to taking care of a loved one.
But who’s taking care of the caregiver?
My name is Margarete de Gaston. Twice I have assumed the role of caregiver to family members in need. When you take care of a loved one with health challenges, everything changes. If your life revolves around someone else, it’s easy to lose your sense of identity or freedom. You might feel isolated, alone, or cut off from others. Although never easy, there are ways to survive (and thrive!) while taking care of others.
I’m here to help you find the balance to take care of yourself while taking care of a loved one. Many of the tips found on this site take only minutes, but can impact your entire day. That might sound impossible, especially if you’ve struggled to maintain your old life. Don’t be discouraged. I’ve been there, and have discovered first-hand that you can live a happy, healthy, and fulfilling live as a caregiver.
One of the simple secrets to relieving stress is the power of essential oils. The soothing aroma does more than please the senses. The healing effects of essentials oils can calm your emotions and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit. I cannot tell you what a difference it has made in my life. Find out how essential oils can help you in the Caregiver Relief section.
As a caregiver, you assume many roles. These often include maid, at-home nurse, chef, chauffeur, and accountant, just to name a few. That’s a lot for anyone to handle! The Helpful Tips section lists many important things to help you take care of yourself and those you love.
More than anything, a little support makes a difference. I encourage you to use this site as inspiration to fill your life with joy, despite any challenges. Follow me on Facebook or subscribe to my blog for free caregiver tips and ideas.
You don’t have to sacrifice your own happiness to be a caregiver …
Reach out for support, Give yourself a boost, Live your life all while leading your loved one on the road to recovery.
Essential Caregiver was created for YOU. Let this site be a daily source of motivation, ideas, laughter and support. Sometimes all it takes is a little help. Let my experience help you…while you help others.
Why walk this road alone when you can have someone hold your hand and help guide your way?
Within this site, you will discover:
- How to start each day well and keep it going that way
- How to keep your household members cheerful, supportive of each other, motivated and healthy
- How to stay balanced and serene (you and your loved ones feel better in a calm environment)
- How to understand the emotions associated with caregiving and how to easily cope with them
- How to cope with physical exhaustion (including simple tools you will actually enjoy)
- How to handle dealing with family members and authorities better (this is must-have information!)
- How to make the most of your situation, no matter how critical (your “attitude adjustment” tools)
- All about the healing power of essential oils (but you must know which ones heal and which ones to watch out for)
- How to share your story and read what others in similar situations like yours do to cope (you could even win a prize for yours)
Visit all the pages listed on the navigation bar to learn more!
With Gratitude and Love,
Margarete de Gaston